Thank you to Tampico Beverages for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Last year was such an exciting time for us when my oldest son started kindergarten. He was going to be one of the youngest kids in his class, so we were a little bit concerned that he might have a hard time adjusting and keeping up with the other kids. We couldn’t have been more wrong! He had such an amazing year, made some amazing friends, and at the end of the school year his teacher told us that he was definitely ready to move on to first grade. We are so proud of him and are excited to see what the new school year brings.
Kindergarten was only half a day, so he would always eat a snack at school and then come home for lunch. This year is going to be a big adjustment because he will be attending all day! That means that he will be packing a lunch and eating at school instead of eating at home with us. With that said, I know my son, and I know that when he gets home from school, he is still going to be hungry. Coming up with after school snacks is going to be a new adventure for me this year, so that is why I have been trying to plan ahead and come up with some ideas before the school year starts. Today I am going to share 10 simple, but tasty after school snack ideas that your kids will love! As you will see, some of these are a little bit more involved than others, but most of them should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to prepare.
Of course every good snack needs a delicious beverage to go along with it, which is why I have been stocking up on different varieties of Tampico beverages. As I explained in my All American Burger recipe post, my husband drank Tampico all the time when he was living in Bolivia, and I drank it a lot growing up in Mexico too! There are lots of great flavors to choose from, and you get a lot for a great price. My son loves it too, so it is a natural choice to have on hand to go along with his after school snacks at least some days.
Here is the list:
- Grapes with Cheese Squares – grapes are my boys’ favorite fruit and they love eating small pieces of cheese too.
- Macaroni and Cheese with Hot Dog Pieces – You can make your own homemade mac and cheese, or just make it from a box. Cook some hot dogs, chop them up and throw them in with the mac & cheese for a quick and cheap snack.
- Celery Sticks filled with Peanut Butter and topped with Raisins (Ants on a Log) – see picture below! So easy to make, and so yummy!
- Crackers and Cheese – this one is an old classic, but my boys go through crackers so quickly! They also love cheese with anything.
- Tropical Frozen Yogurt Bars
- Cheese Quesadillas with Guacamole (pictured below)
- Homemade Mini Pizza Bagels – Just add tomato sauce, cheese, and mini pepperonis to either mini bagels or normal bagels and bake at375 for about 10-15 minutes.
- Loaded Cheddar and Bacon Cheese Fries
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich – these are easy to make and delicious. If your kids don’t like ham, a simple grilled cheese sandwich is great too!
- Extra Crispy Onion Rings (pictured below)
I hope that this list has given you some great ideas for after school snacks this year! What are you favorite after school snack ideas?